Why I don't Watch TV

Leadership authors have said it time and again, TV is a waste of time. I got reminded again of this little thing that makes a huge difference in the light of the recent supertyphoon with international name Haiyan (Yolanda in the Philippines.) Before, during and after any typhoon, it is the job of the networks to warn and report about its status and on their end, initiate calls for assistance for those affected. It is ALWAYS the case.

I just noticed the sudden gloom on my Facebook news feed with some of my friends expressing their grief online from what they watched on TV. Everyone's entitled to post whatever they want and it just struck me to see how we tend to gravitate towards doing the easiest thing and contribute to a mood of helplessness. I have to admit that I also cried when I saw some of the photos online (reading the newsfeed is like watching TV, right?) then I stopped reading the stats. I looked for a way to help from where I am and carried on with being a source of hope and dealing with equally important mountains.

We all have our own ways of dealing with this so I pray that those who have the power to help, do it to the best of our abilities.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Mondays: German Measles

Mommy Mondays: Roseola aka Tigdas Hangin

How I Lost 30 pounds: My Spartan Transformation Experience