Spiritual Sunday: My Blissful Moment of Prayer

I've really been wanting to update this blog regularly but writing isn't really something random for me. Even though I seem to write effortlessly, it eats up quite some time and I need a good environment to be able to write. Like now that it's quiet in the apartment because Isay's playing outside the unit with Amymy (our kasambahay.)

Let me share my prayer yesterday and what I got from my prayer. It was a fun, crazy day yesterday with my bestfriend (as always) and I was so grateful that she had a car that allowed us not to kill time inside the mall to waste money and calories. We chose to visit 2 churches before going to an atelier. Katoliko ako pero nakakahiya mang aminin, hindi ako regular na nakakapagsimba in the past months so it was refreshing to spend time in churches sa hindi sinasadyang pagkakataon.

So, back to my prayer.
I could've just given the half-dozen eggs that I bought for my offering but I thought "Hey, andito na rin lang ako. Might as well, write my intentions."
Natanga ako for several minutes. I really didn't know what to pray for. I just took in the moment, the experience that I'm back to Sta. Clara, with no clear intention like passing an exam or praying for the recovery of a sick loved one.

(resumed writing now and the time is 9:17 pm after Isay has finally called it a night)

photo from http://www.edelweiza.com/

Having no clear intention, what did I pray for?
I pray for gratitude in the hearts of people I love.
I pray that I be ready to receive God's blessings all in His perfect timing.
 

Then I prayed for the usual requests like the health and safety of my family and the repose of the souls of popsy and my other relatives. After reading what I wrote in that piece of paper, I was just overwhelmed with  peace and faith. I don't know what's going to happen in the coming days and months especially now that Roy and I are in a transition. I'm just so happy to realize that I am in that space of gratitude and trust in the Lord's plans for me. I was so confident in the big guy up there that he's just waiting for me to do my part and he'll grant all my heart's desires in His time. Somehow, my faith has matured. I know that something great is coming, I can truly feel it to my bones. It's so great to realize that I don't see my Creator as a vending machine or as Santa Claus who would grant my Christmas wish because of his powers. I accept my responsibility in getting to the best life that I want. What a blissful moment. I almost forgot how great it was to be quiet and talk to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Mondays: German Measles

How I Lost 30 pounds: My Spartan Transformation Experience

Mommy Mondays: Roseola aka Tigdas Hangin