CONTEST ENTRY: Transitions


Everybody goes through a major transition at least once in their life. My first was one was transforming from an awkward teenager to a confident adult. This confidence was mainly caused by losing a lot of weight when I was about to turn 18. It was a major turn-around for me. I started participating in school activities, attracted boys and so had my first romantic relationship, became a leader and really started to be an influence to my circle group.

teens to adulthood to motherhood :)
Fast forward to 8 years after, I was blessed to become a mom. And this transition was a very welcome chapter of my life. It also caused another set of changes in my body. Aside from my bosom getting fuller and my tummy all hanging out, my sedentary lifestyle and pregnancy brought me back to my whopping close-to-200-pound self before college. It was like déjà vu except now that I really can’t starve myself nor have I the energy to exercise five times a week. It was also during this time that I was busy working with a business team and conducting coaching sessions in line with my advocacy. I think that women in their late 20s to early 30s are all for multi-tasking. We are starting our families, having kids, running a household and working hard at building our careers.

With the different hats that I had to wear, stress was a given and I forgot to take care of my body. Even though my chubby version was evident in the mirror, I was still shocked to discover through a body composition scanner that I am a 27-year old woman living in a 49-year old woman’s body. So, with my commitment to be healthy for my family, I chose to do something about my weight again and overall health and I’m so happy to have done it right this time.

And I think this is where the right support becomes essential. Whether it be from family, friends, my husband and of course, the right undergarments that would allow me to move around with confidence given a new body transition to deal with. I’m happy that I allowed Wacoal to take part in this transition. 

Wearing a Wacoal bra for my Now Photo :)
Whenever I needed a confidence boost, I would wear my favourite Wacoal bra – in meetings, business presentations and even dates with my husband. Perhaps it wasn’t even a coincidence that last March, I chose to wear it in my Now photo where I can show to others that my weight issue can be solved and that it's possible.

Everyday is an occasion to be confident in whatever age we are. It’s an opportunity to show others that they too, can do something great and that they can face any body transition with the right support from Wacoal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Mondays: German Measles

How I Lost 30 pounds: My Spartan Transformation Experience

Mommy Mondays: Roseola aka Tigdas Hangin